Our Club is the only netball club in Darwin with their own courts. These were constructed in 1997 and are extremely outdated. We are looking to upgrade the 2 courts in the following manner:
- Create a concrete border around both courts and at the end adjacent to a gravel driveway – this will prevent any chance of injury plus protect the court from debris adjacent to our courts.
- Replace all poles and nets – again, the poles are suffering the first signs of rust and damage. The telescopic function is difficult and jams which prevents the raising and lowering of poles to cater for age groups.
- Improve and increase our lighting – at present, the lights are still suffering damage from Cyclone Marcus and need urgent upgrading
- Construct a shade over the courts – given the weather in Darwin and the fact that we play throughout the year, our plan is to make our courts all weather. In addition, a shade will ensure a great deal of protection for our players and members, from the sun.
- Seating – urgently needed around our courts as parents and supporters have nowhere to sit