View Caitlin’s quick and easy Mexican dinner recipe below. A great one to share with friends!
Mexican has always been a fan favourite and this fresh dinner is perfect as it still has all the favourite parts of a taco or burrito but as an easy, healthier alternative.
It’s super quick to prepare and a great meal to share with your friends after a big day of playing netball!
- 4 Serves
- 5 Mins Prep
- 10 Mins Cook
- 300g Heart Smart extra lean beef mince
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground chilli, or to taste
- 420g can Woolworths Mexican style 3 bean mix no added salt, drained
- 2 x 250g pkt SunRice microwave rice and quinoa
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 x 120g Woolworths baby leaf spinach
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 lime
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped (optional)
1. Brown beef mince in non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat. Add cumin, coriander and chilli and mix. When mince is cooked through, stir in drained beans.
2. Prepare rice and quinoa as per packet instructions. Divide among four bowls, and top with mince and bean mix, chopped avocado, diced tomatoes, baby spinach and carrot. Squeeze over lime and finish with chopped coriander, if using.