Try your patties with as a tasty cheese, ham and apple skewer or with cottage cheese on corn cake!
- 3-4 Serves
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 425g tin macro organic chick peas, drained
- 2 carrots, peeled, grated
- ½ cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs made from woolworths wholemeal soft sandwich bread
- 1 egg1 bazaar lebanese bread wholemeal, cut into triangles
- 30g hillview cheese block, cut into cubes, for snack
- 25g sliced lean leg ham, for snack
- ½ small apple, cut into wedges, for snack
- 1 wholegrain corn cake, for snack
- 1 tbs cottage cheese, for snack
- 2 strawberries, cut into slices lengthways to form a flower, for snack
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Set aside to cool.
2. Place chickpeas in a food processor and process until crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the onion mixture, carrot, breadcrumbs and egg. Using clean hands, mix until well combined. Shape mixture into 12 patties.
3. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Set aside to cool. Cover and refrigerate remaining serves until required. Serve with pita bread.
Snack 1: thread tasty cheese, ham and apple on a short wooden skewer.
Snack 2: spread corn cake with cottage cheese. Decorate with strawberries.