View one of Caitlin’s favourite lunch recipes below. Remember you can have these either hot or cold!
This quick but healthy lunch is a favourite of Caitlin as it’s got lots of fresh vegies and nutritious bits.
The best thing is you can have them fresh out of the oven or if you are on the run they are also delicious cold!
- 6 Serves
- 10 Mins Prep
- 20 Mins Cook
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs plain flour
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded light tasty cheese
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- 1½ cups roughly chopped kale
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 80g feta, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 160°c. Spray a muffin tray with olive oil.
2. Place oil and flour in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Gradually whisk in milk and continue to stir for 3 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Add cheese, paprika and nutmeg, and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and allow sauce to cool slightly.
4. Add cooked macaroni, kale, carrot, zucchini and eggs, and stir to combine.
5. Divide mixture among 12 muffin holes. Place a few pieces of feta on top of each puffin. Cook in oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden on top.